View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 06:58 AM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo332002 View Post

I guess one main question I have would be this? If I did a percentager based Wendler program, would it be just as productive if not more productive for me to hit my 3rd set or top set 1st after ramping up with lower rep warm up sets to fire up the nervous system, and then do the 2 lower work sets afterwards as backoff sets. It seems I am fresher for the money set this way.
That's a solid approach. I prefer rep work after my heaviest set of the day, as it tends to feel lighter and more manageable.

As far as other changes, I would consider bumping the one arm rows to higher reps. My personal opinion is that low rep rows can be sloppy, and somewhat ineffective. One set of 3-5 reps, and perhaps a couple at 5 reps plus.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote