Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
I didn't object to the message, people can train however the hell they want to train. Gym Rats can train as hard or as soft as they want, I honestly could not care less. They pay their fees so they can do what they like.

What I did object to was the writing style. That style of writing makes me want to jab a stick in my eyes. I can't believe anyone is actually taken in by such a horribly blatant attempt at trying to gain readers. It's Matt Furey but a hundred times worse. Appealing to 'real americans' from a type long ago... give me a ****ing break already. It's a blatant and transparent attempt to gain readers, the only difference here is that he's using something which people actually feel strongly about... their patriotism. I can guarantee you he doesn't give a flying **** about the average american and he's just using this to gain readers. That's why I objected and so should you.

If someone wanted to introduce an article on Overhead Pressing by getting me to feel patriotic about Britain I would be offended. Britain is far more than a cheap ploy to be used to gain readers for some shitty T-Nation article.

People should stop treating the patriotism of their country like some cheap whore who can be rented out to any slickster with something to sell.
Articulate and humourous at the same time.
I've read lots of articles like this in the last few years that essentially say if you can't lift 'x' amount or do 'y' exercise, you're a pussy. Not all of us can squat 600+ but anyone who makes an effort to improve their health and fitness should be applauded. The patriotism thing IS very popular with US writers as they assume such rhetoric will appeal to American males. I don't know many of the above so I can't say if they are mistaken or not.

I also noted that this guy also moans about 'sissy' jobs. So now you have to lift 'x' amount, do 'y' lift and work at 'z' job The thing about the internet is that everyone likes to air their opinion and in many cases, if everyone isn't doing with the writer is, they are wrong.

Getting it done one session at a time.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote