Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
My mom's in for hip replacement. She gets out Wednesday. She's going stir crazy in that place. Hope your dad is doing better than my mom.
Dad's doing just great. He had some complications post-op. Nothing with the knees, but there was an issue with anemia, pneumonia, low blood sugar, and constipation which set him back and kept him in the hospital three or four extra days. I visited him on Saturday, and he was going nuts, not at all excited about spending Sunday (no NASCAR on TV) let alone another week in the nursing home. It was quite a blessing to get him out for a bit today. He had no problems for the few hours he was at home. He was able to sit in His Chair and get back up. He tried getting in and out of bed with no problem. He also went out into the machine shed and tried puttering with the lawn mower. About the only problem there was was in the bathroom. Before I left I put up a handle for him to pull himself up.

He's chomping at the bit to get back home and get on with life. I hope Mom can keep him from overdoing things.

Hope your mom fares as well as my dad. My mother-in-law had a hip done just a year ago. She wasn't to good about keeping up with her therapy. Still uses a cane. Make sure your mom works at it. Teach her how to squat. Squatting is the cure for everything. Proper squatting that is.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote