moeheep
Max Brawn
Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

My son started lifting weights the summer between 8th and 9th grade, I believe he was 13 yrs old, to get bigger for football. I do not remember exactly his size at the time, but he was in the neighborhood of 5 ft 6 in tall, and under 200 lbs. By the time he graduated from high school, he was 6ft 4in tall, 280 lbs, approx 16-18% body fat. He was doing 1 arm rows with 120 lb dumbell...the highest they had in the weight room. He had a lot of interest from Div 1 football programs.

I am 5 ft 10 in tall, and his mother is 5 ft 4 in tall. So I certainly cannot see where weight training stunted his growth in any way. He learned self-dicipline, how to work hard, and that results would come with consistency. Important lessons in life. He also got the girls!!!

No reason you cannot start at 13 years old.
moeheep is offline   Reply With Quote