View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

The making of whey is a fairly straightforward process. Whey is a byproduct of cheesemaking, and cheesemaking itself isn't generally a progress that requires a substantial number of steps or ingredients. To separate high and low quality layers of whey, whatever that is (if such a thing exists), would actually be more expensive and time consuming, so I am skeptical about his claims. Who makes a process more expensive to create a worse product?

For someone to say that one whey is low quality compared to another, I would want to know specifics. If somehow it is treated differently, then perhaps it is inferior, but I doubt it is inferior on the level he claims.

After whey is collected, it goes through an ion exchange purification process. This process is the most critical step, and the one that allows whey to hold on to it's nutritional value. After this ion exchange, the whey goes through a drying process, and is pretty much done.

Certainly the ion exchange process could be botched chemically, creating an inferior BV (Biological Value) protein, but I think to create something that was this crappy would be very hard to do unless someone was completely clueless. Perhaps this is the case.

Most whey companies get whey from the same limited number of suppliers. From my understanding it arrives as a raw product, and not a product that the protein companies must hit with the ion exchange process themselves.

Perhaps I am wrong, and one of the supplement company reps can expand upon...

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote