Shadow
damaged goods
Max Brawn
Points: 1,005, Level: 17 Points: 1,005, Level: 17 Points: 1,005, Level: 17
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: A long time, off and on.
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Shadow is a dedicated contributorShadow is a dedicated contributorShadow is a dedicated contributorShadow is a dedicated contributorShadow is a dedicated contributorShadow is a dedicated contributorShadow is a dedicated contributorShadow is a dedicated contributorShadow is a dedicated contributorShadow is a dedicated contributorShadow is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilldBill'88 View Post
Im 23, 6'0, maybe 6'1 and last time I checked I was around 165lbs. I dont own a scale so I could be more or less now. I been following Reg Parks 5x5 program. I'm not necessarily looking to change up my program, but looking for a way to increase my Bench numbers. In the last month I was able to increase my Squat by 45lbs and Deadlift by 85lbs. But, my bench is stay pretty much the same..
When you first start working out, its typical to see radical gains on squat and deadlift. Most of these gains aren't really gains, rather just learning the pattern of the movement.

And its typical to have more difficulty adding weight to "smaller" lifts like Bench and Over-Head Press. Less muscles involved, the harder it is to increase the weight.

Quote:
So far these are my #'s - Max lifts not included.

Squat - 165lbs
Bench - 110-115lbs
Deadlift - 205lbs
Shoulder Press - 80lbs
There is PLENTY of room for improvement. Any basic compound program can take you leaps beyond these numbers. You just gotta keep at it. In comparison to your other lifts, you bench actually isn't bad. You shouldn't be capable of benching more than you can squat or deadlift.

Give it time, and they'll all go up. Just keep eating.

Quote:
My goals are to get bigger & stronger, I just want to get huge, over 200+ pounds of mass as well as strength. I know it takes time and maybe years for me. I just feel eager and motivated at the moment to push myself to grow. Maybe I should just keep it simple..
Mass comes with strength, and strength comes with mass - meaning, keep adding weight to the bar and size will come. If you want to get big, you need to eat big and lift big. That's the bottom line.

This stuff isn't rocket science, and it doesn't need to be complicated to work. What you get out of lifting is what you put in; effort = results.