View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 05:36 AM   #30
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success View Post
What this means is sliding my hand through the ring of the 20lb KB until its up on my wrist and then grabbing the 53lb KB with my palm.

The 20lb one dangles from my wrist...

I used this as a stopgap measure in a gym on a trip...they didn't have heavy enough kettlebells, so I used two. And I'd only use this for KB swings, not presses or snatches!

"Popcorn" grip...ha! Hadn't heard of that one until now...just saw it on YouTube and it looks cool!

Yeah, the popcorn grip I have seen used by Steve Cotter for swings but I think a person would have to have a really good grip or a large hand or ideally both, since they would have more a tendency to slip with the snatch and swing style movements; I use the popcorn for the jerk and OHP and it works well there but I couldn't hold two for swings, just no way with female small hands.

Does the grip you show above cause any wrist issues at all? I have to admit, I've never seen that employed before.