Thread: Sucess Log
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 01:31 AM   #29
Success
Brawn
Points: 648, Level: 12 Points: 648, Level: 12 Points: 648, Level: 12
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Success is a consistent contributorSuccess is a consistent contributorSuccess is a consistent contributorSuccess is a consistent contributorSuccess is a consistent contributorSuccess is a consistent contributorSuccess is a consistent contributorSuccess is a consistent contributorSuccess is a consistent contributorSuccess is a consistent contributorSuccess is a consistent contributor

7/1/12 Sun

Pullups
For the last few workouts I've been realizing that something is off with my pullups. Basically I've been getting my chin *higher than* the bar, but not directly *over* the bar (neck touching or almost touching). Neck touching is harder than just getting my chin higher than the bar. You have to pull your body inward to finish the rep which is extra movement and achieve closure of the forearm/upper arm angle; secondly, touching the neck makes you slow down and stop so you don't smash your throat. Stopping is fine if you want to do slower reps, which are harder, but an issue if you are going for fast reps/volume. To defeat the issue of stopping on fast sets, I'm training myself to touch quick & light and go to keep pulling; also I tied a sock to the bar so I can touch fast and not smash my neck.

I've decided to retool my pullups. From now on I will count ONLY the reps where my neck touches the bar, or my chin is definitely right above the bar super close to my neck.

The numbers may be lower at first, but I think I will climb up and pass my previous totals immediately.

Pullups
Pullups: 7
Chins: 6
Pullups: 6
Chins: 5
Chins: 6

KB 1-arm snatch
53lb

Goal: 9L+9R, 9 sets in 9:00

Actual: 7 sets in 9:00, total reps: 126
(5 sets in first 5 min, 5 min rate: 90; 2 sets in next 4 min.)

Last edited by Success; 07-05-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Success is offline   Reply With Quote