King of The Cowboys
Max Brawn
Points: 5,489, Level: 47 Points: 5,489, Level: 47 Points: 5,489, Level: 47
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 2 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
WilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beast
Default Power Training for the Chest?

Hey guys, I was going through a book I purchased a while back by Arnold Schwarzenegger; The New Encyclopeda of Modern Bodybuilding and noticed a small section he talks about powerlifting with the bench and was wondering if you guys think this would work.

Quote:
Power Training

"To develop maximum power, mass, and strength in the chest, I recommend a program in which you:"

1. Begin with Bench Presses. Do 20 reps the first set, then 10 reps. At this point, raise the weight so you go immediately down to 5 reps, 3 reps and 1 rep.

2. Continue doing as many sets as you can (at least 5) with a weigh that only allows you 1 or 2 repetitions.

3. Perform the last set with a lighter weight that allows you to go back up to high repetitions.

4. Go on to Incline Presses and do them the same way. Afterward, follow the same program with Dumbbell Flys.
A little about me; I only been in the gym a little over a month now. I'm doing a starting strength program but, I want to improve my bench (been stuck at the same weight). Was curious if this was something that could help me or if that program would be too much for me at my level.
WilldBill88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links