Old 07-03-2012, 03:59 AM   #1013
mab54
Max Brawn
Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Scivation whey
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Does she lift at home? I have my wife work out at home. Mostly dumbbell stuff 2x a week:

--Goblet squats
--Lunges
--DB Bench Press
--DB Row
--DB Overhead Press
--DB Curls
--DB Kickbacks
--Sit Ups

I would keep her on something basic for a couple months just so she develops a routine and gets used to working with resistance. Re-assess from there. Odds are her goals won't be to become Mrs. Olympic, so something simple like this can serve her well for a long time.
Thanks BtB, we workout at home and really only use the barbell. We have dumbbells but they aren't exactly "good" so I don't want her to risk one of the sides coming off like they did me.

She says she wants to bench press and deadlift just to show off at work. She has already set a goal of 300lbs deadlift by new years. I'm having trouble teaching her the squat so I'm going to try bodyweight for awhile just to get her in the groove then go to her holding plate then to a bar.

She has a few injuries so not sure about lunges but going to add dbrows and maybe kickbacks. Thanks again for the ideas.

7/2/12

Deadlift
515x4 belt/strapless
455x6 beltless/strap

Squats
385x1
385x1
385x1
385x1
385x1
255x20

Walk
3 Miles

Notes: Felt great with deadlifts was just to tired to finish that set of ten. Added the extra squat volume for fun, starting light and going to build up over the weeks.
mab54 is offline   Reply With Quote