View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 07:39 PM   #20
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
I'll tell you Steve, the way I am running BD training, I feel like it's the best of strength and volume. I'm doing Iso's but not ad-nauseum. Just enough to feel pumped during and worked after, but no joint issues at all. In fact, my wounded shoulder feels better each week and I'm doing an entire shoulders only workout in addition to a dedicated arms day!

That's not normal, but it's great!
My shoulders have always disliked isolations. They took quite a beating in my teens from pitching about a thousand innings a year...we had a playground across from my house. Whenever I do too maybe laterals or flyes, I start to feel a bit rough.

And I'm not sure what my issue is with curls, but too many sets and my tendinitis flares up quickly.

I am mentally like Mulder...I want to believe in isolations...but physically I am Scully...I've never really used them, and have a hard time seeing the value.

I hope no one reading this equates my sentiments as meaning "they have no value". I just - personally - see no value in them.

But if they helped my joints, I'm sure I would use them for pre-hab.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote