Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: the one that doesn't hurt
Fav Supp: Milk
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
The older I get Jwood, the more I am starting to hate too much complimentary, piddly work. 2 weeks ago I got the bug up my ass to change a few things. I HATE isolation movements, but thought..."OK, I am going to try and compete in bodybuilding so why not add a few in. Maybe I am being stubborn."

I added in more bicep work, a forearm exercise, rear laterals, calf raises, and leg curls. My joints are utterly beat up right now, and my elbow tendinitis is coming back. My curl form is locked down, so it's not a form issue.

I have found that my joints feel better when I avoid isolation work. I know this sounds counter-intuitive, but when I stick with basics/compounds my joints feel great.
I'll tell you Steve, the way I am running BD training, I feel like it's the best of strength and volume. I'm doing Iso's but not ad-nauseum. Just enough to feel pumped during and worked after, but no joint issues at all. In fact, my wounded shoulder feels better each week and I'm doing an entire shoulders only workout in addition to a dedicated arms day!

That's not normal, but it's great!