Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWill View Post
I've just finished up 3 consistent months of a 5x5 routine 3 days a week. My weights are still not really heavy compared to most on here. But in my 50s I'm feeling like I'm not recovering enough. I'm very happy with my routine and the results I gotten so far. Just feeling less lively than when the weights were lighter. So over the weekend I've read a lot of articles and I'm wondering if it's time to break things up to get a little more recovery time.

My main focus at this point is to just get bigger and stronger. I work out at home so I have only barbells, dbs up to 45# and a chin bar.

I love to hear suggestions from the family.
Everyone ages and recovers a little different. The one constant is your body never lyes. Liston to it.
I agree with MC on take a look at your hydration and sleep. At your age I highly doubt you aren't eating enough seen as the metab runs so much slower as we age. People just love to keep eating as they did at 18 years old for flavor and taste, not how they need to for living and fuel.

Last edited by Rich Knapp; 07-02-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote