View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 07:33 AM   #1012
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
So I helped her lift a little tonight and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to help her learn to lift or any programs. Because of time she can only lift two days a week right now.
Does she lift at home? I have my wife work out at home. Mostly dumbbell stuff 2x a week:

--Goblet squats
--Lunges
--DB Bench Press
--DB Row
--DB Overhead Press
--DB Curls
--DB Kickbacks
--Sit Ups

I would keep her on something basic for a couple months just so she develops a routine and gets used to working with resistance. Re-assess from there. Odds are her goals won't be to become Mrs. Olympic, so something simple like this can serve her well for a long time.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote