BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBuilder500 View Post
People design their own splits because they have specific goals. Nothing wrong with it. Like anything, getting good at something is a process of trial and error.
I would argue that people aren't as special as they like to think and for most novice and intermediate lifters an already developed program will more than suite there needs, no matter what there goal is.
Yes, trial and error is involved and as someone advances they will learn to tweak there routines to suite there needs, but why would a novice/intermediate lifter waste time trying to reinvent the wheel when they can use something that has proven to yield results.

Bottom line is, very rarely do novice and intermediate lifters need any sort of specialization beyond the general goals of strength, building muscle, increasing endurance, etc.
And a lot of time can be saved(by the novice/intermediate lifter) by running a proper routine and not messing around with trying to create there own program to meet there "special" self perceived needs (that don't really exist).

Just my opinion on the matter.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote