View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 05:41 AM   #3
abett07
Brawn
Points: 3,343, Level: 35 Points: 3,343, Level: 35 Points: 3,343, Level: 35
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

abett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBuilder500 View Post
It depends where you are going. I'm on the west coast and can't drive 5 miles without seeing a 24 hour fitness or LA fitness. The facilities tend to be big with a lot of machines, but dont accomodate olympic lifting. Static lifts can usually be done without a problem.

Then there's Planet Fitness, which kicks people out for breathing too hard. Fascists.

Having been a trainer at LA fitness for three years, I can tell you that getting a temporary pass is difficult. They make money off of longterm contracts, so you would be better off finding a smaller private gym chain close by and making a deal with the owner.

Nicer hotels will have a fitness center, but its usually a treadmill, a few 20lb dumbbells, and a universal machine.

that is a pain , just had a look at the photos of the fitness centre at my hotel in new york and they have about 15 treadmils but no free weights that i can see

would of thought that a treadmill would cost much more than squat rack and bench press
abett07 is offline   Reply With Quote