Jen
Max Brawn
Points: 4,825, Level: 44 Points: 4,825, Level: 44 Points: 4,825, Level: 44
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: Started 3/23/12
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift :)
Fav Supp: Coffee
Jen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MC* View Post
Strong lifts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuytrider View Post
That took a helluva lot of guts and you're already 1-0 ahead of me in meets Is it my eyes or are your squats very deep? (Which is excellent btw) Mighty deadlifting too, 300+ really isn't that far off.
Congrats
Thanks guys! I can't wait to do it again. Even if I have to wear that incredibly unflattering singlet again...... LMAO. I'm gonna start working with the belt and see how that helps -- or doesn't help.

Before the meet I talked to several people who'd competed USAPL and they all told me the same thing -- that the USAPL judges are wicked strict about depth -- like more anal about it than any other fed. So, I went really deep just to make doubly sure. Looking back I should have only tried for 205-210 on my 3rd squat attempt -- I've done 205 for depth in the gym a few times -- never 226. I hacked 225 a couple times, but they were super high. My confidence was like -- wooooooo hooooooo -- MOAR weight! LOAD it! Then I lost it in the hole, rolled onto my toes and was like... uh oh...... LOL

My bench sucks. Nuff said.

I was pissed by deadlift time. Plus I love deadlifts. Love, love them. Gotta use my massive quads for something!