Old 06-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #37
Hazzard
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

Thank you for that picture of the beautiful Reggie Fils-Aime Faz. My body is indeed ready. /geek

Sorry I haven't updated here in the last week or so guys, training's been pretty crappy this week, but I did manage a 252.5kg triple deadlift last week the day after those brutal squats and have been slowly creeping my bench up - hit a 100kg raw and 140kg slingshot floor press on Tuesday. But it turns out my arch is better than benching on the ground, so they're scrapped from now on!

Like I said, had a few crappy, days consisting of 200kg squats for three sets of five - found them much harder than I expected. Then tried 202.5kg for five on Wednesday and stopped after three. Urgh. Think I was just crazy sore and not as confident with the rebound at the bottom since my injury. Trying to think of where to go now for squats as I want to get back to 250 and then onto 260. Even if I can't press, I can squat and pull MASSIVE. Or at least that's the plan.

Anyway, today's session...

28/06/12

Deadlift (Conventional)
Warm-Up
227.5x1
240x1
252.5x1
265x0
265x1

Today I was supposed to double my PB, 265kg, but it wasn't to be unfortunately. The aforementioned soreness combined with the missed first attempt put that idea to bed. I've mentioned before I had a muscle spasm in my upper glute/lower back when pulling before - really bloody hurt, but only left me out of training for a few days. Felt it a little today, not painful, just kinda there. Threw me off the first 265 pull and I dropped it. In the video you can see me lean sideways as I feel it. After having a few shitty days of training I decided to man the **** up and pull it. Which I did, just slowly.

Next week I've got to hit 272.5kg, which I'm planning on destroying with just speed work on Monday and rows on Wednesday, leaving me fresh to do some massive deadlifting.

Rack Pull (18" - just below knees)
120x5
170x3
200x3
240x1
270x1
287.5x1
302.5x0
280x1

+2.5kg PB just wasn't to be, I was fried.

Speed Deadlift to Power Shrug
100x3x3 sets (no shrug)
140x3
180x3
210x3
210x3
210x3 (12 shrugs on last pull)

Couldn't remember what the speed pulls I was supposed to do today were, so just did these. Pretty fun and in the Summer heat left me in a sweaty mess.