The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
Very good write up, bruteforce. I have a question as to the parameters of your self study.

Was the urinary protein results after only one feeding of 100 - 110 grams of protein? If so, have you ever fed yourself this much protein five or six times a day and repeated the same test? How about doing that over the course of two weeks?

Not shooting you down, just wondering about the effects over a longer term.
No problem. One of these day's I'll write something like this up and plan for it to be an article and make sure all the bases are covered before hand. To answer your question, this is how I eat 3-4 times a day for the past 4 years. The I get the same (similar) results every time. The only time I get a blood glucose spike from protein is with intake of whey protein in excess of 45g.

I actually only see protein in my urine these days if drastically overeat carbs, which causes my blood sugar to spike high. At this point, I will see trace protein and a small amount of sugar in the urine. High protein, high fat has never given these results for me.

On average, breakfast will have 60g protein, lunch 1 and 2 will have a combined 150-175g and dinner will have 120-150g protein. I don't do this test every time I eat as it would get expensive, but I do test at least once a week, 8-12 times during the day, which gives a better look at what my blood glucose levels are doing than just checking after meals.