Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Sunday, 6/24/12

Session got rather long today. I've been chewing on some issues in my life. I needed a few extra sets to help me. I had the time. The equipment was available. What the heck?

Workout 2.2.2

BP (alternated w/ sets of chinups)
45x5
70x5
85x5
100x5
130x5
150x3
165x1
180x1
180x1 - which was my planned stopping point, but 180 went up fairly easy, so...
185x1 (with too much help from spotter dude). What's so hard to understand about, "Keep your hands out of the way. I'll let you know if I need you." I would have had it. I was past my sticking point before he put his two fingers on it. Despite my yelling, "No! No!"
185 - Fail

Anyway, PR is 185. My target for next cycle is 185. Or 190. We'll see when I get there.

Chinups (between sets of BP)
1/1/1/1/1

Deficit BP - strip set fashion, resting only long enough to change plates.
70x10
85x10
100x10
85x10
70x10

Pendlay Rows
135x8x3

Cybex Flyes
70x10x2
70x8

I've been fighting a depression for a couple of years now. Probably coincides with the cancer episode. Anyway, I've never felt right. Never felt healthy. Never felt whole. There's some inadequacey issues with where I am in my life (job, lack of career, not finishing school, etc.). And the usual "Twilight of my years" stuff. I'm not suicidal by any means. Just blue and stuck in a rut. I think I'm going to go see a doctor. Although, I took an online depression survey yesterday and it says I'm only a little sad. I do have a check up with my surgeon at the Mayo Clinic this week. Perhaps I should mention something to him.

On top of all that, my dad is in the hospital. His own choice. He had both knees replaced on Friday. Recovery isn't going so well for him. He now has pneumonia, which makes it hard for him to do his physical therapy. I watched him do PT on Saturday. The strongest man I know breaking a sweat trying to bend his knee. It was hard to watch, but I stuck with him. Anyway, they're going to keep him in the hospital until the pneumonia clears up. Hopefully, he can get transferred to a nursing home for a few weeks so Mom doesn't have to deal with it at home.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote