View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Interesting question.

I don't focus on lower back arch at all while squatting. I focus on driving my elbows down, which keeps my upper back tight, and on taking a deep breath and keeping my midsection tight.

The tight upper back locks everything in for me.

I think if someone is hyper flexible, if they properly setup the upper back and are holding their air as they should, then the lower back position should fall into place naturally.

Kind of hard to explain. From my setup point if I try to force more of an arch it feels awkward and compromises my ability to hold my air and keep my abs as tight.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote