Thread: Soda pop
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 01:38 AM   #7
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacktheThriller View Post
Most people don't have the nutritional knowledge of the people on this board.The average person knows nothing. They think whole grains are amazing for you and fat is bad. I wouldn't put the blame so much on their inability to regulate their own diet as on the hormonal response created by the food they are "told" is good or ok for them. When in reality the government refuses to recognize 30+ years of nutrition science. People are fat because their government was more concerned with grain profits than the health of their population. My 2 Cents

1) I'm on this board and my nutritional knowledge is reasonably good. I think the grains are just fine and I'm yet to see anything to convince me otherwise. I also think a large amount of fat, especially saturated fat, is unhealthy.

2)To say the government (by which I presume you mean the US government) doesn't recognise recent nutritional science isn't true. The last 30 years has seen a shift in attitude towards regarding fat as the sole culprit for various maladies in the scientific community, and this has been reflected in government advice.

Current US government guidelines include lowering: solid fats, sugar, sodium, refined grains and processed foods: http://health.gov/dietaryguidelines/...elines2010.pdf

Exactly what 'nutritional science' are they currently ignoring? Sally Fallon's?

3) Saying that the average person knows nothing is completely overstating things. Most people know that too much processed food isn;t good, that they should eat more vegetables, that added sugar isn't good, maybe even that trans-fats should be avoided.

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232

Last edited by Tannhauser; 06-19-2012 at 01:42 AM.
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote