View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #22
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilldBill'88 View Post
@BendTheBar and IronWill, I agree I dont think I really need one. Though, I've seen alot of youtube videos of powerlifters and olympic weight lifters wear 'em, which makes me curious. But, those guys are lifting some serious weight, which may be good to keep some pressure off their back?

Another thing I been wondering about is stretching.. It seems like I've always been told you should stretch before you workout to prevent injuries, give you more muscle contraction, flexibility and full range of motion and ect.
Now, I been reading some claims that you should not stretch before lifting weights. Whats the deal here? I guess this can also go in hand whether I should wear a belt or not...
There is a point where it can help to wear a belt, but there is nothing wrong with building some strength without one. I feel good squatting 550+ without belt, but deadlifts I am starting to feel I need one on work over 600.

I would get a good one when you have the money and test it out.

Stretching...hot topic, and a confused one. Some of the heat is against the longer-ish, static stretching. Like holding a stretch for 30 seconds, etc.

I stretched for 10-15 years. Never did me any hard. Just like anything else, a little but in moderation isn't going to do you harm.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote