View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAoSandPAIN View Post
By the way, feel free to bash the **** out of me, the training methodology, or whatever else you see fit. I enjoy a little strife.
Well, then...since you asked!

Just joking.

My 2 cents is this...I read that thread over at Wannabebig. I don't think most of those guys took a serious look at exactly what was going on with C&P. Sure, lifting heavy things is dangerous. With that said, I've never had a lifting related injury other then tendinitis in my life.

We all have to lift within our limits. I have spotty shoulders from my years of playing baseball (or doing 12 ounce curls - take your pick). If I do too many heavy sets of high box squats, I really strain the crap out of my shoulders and biceps. So I don't train like that.

But I have trained with board presses and heavy bench partials, and they give me no grief.

Every time I see C&P training I'm reminded of Doug Hepburn. Doug was a multiple set, low rep, heavy weight guy. I think he turned out ok.

Is C&P for everyone? No. But we all can learn from Jamie's thinking...and that, more then anything...I find invaluable in this day and age of everyone labeling themselves as a hardgainer after 3 weeks of training.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote