View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #8
BudBrown
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

BudBrown is off to a bad start

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post

Exactly how I posted above. You have to focus on the things you can control. You already have a fair amount of muscle mass, being a big guy. Will you gain more while cutting? Perhaps, maybe not. But you still need to lose fat.

Right now your goals are:

1) Lose fat.
2) Build muscle.

Losing fat requires a calorie deficit. Building muscle requires adding strength. This is a long term journey, and while you may not build a lot of muscle while cutting, you still need:

1) To lose the fat.
2) To get stronger.

These are the 2 goals, and they are ones you can control with planning and effort. You can't control how much muscle you can, or cannot build while cutting fat, so set that aside. You must focus only on the things you can control.

By building a strength base while cutting you will be in a great position to add muscle when you're done.

In addition, if you follow a plan like this I think you will be happily surprised by how good you look after you're done. You said yourself you're not trying to be a bodybuilder. The good news is that us big guys already have a solid muscular base...not bodybuilder level...but one that can shine with a good diet and strength training.

I hope this helps.
This is exactly what i was looking for. Thanks for spelling it out.
BudBrown is offline   Reply With Quote