View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 08:49 AM   #5
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudBrown View Post
Sorry to re-issue the question, but how should I diet if I'm trying to build while cutting fat?
You can't really ride two horses with one ass. In other words, it's very difficult to do both at the same time since they have different (opposing) caloric needs. Trying to do it will only bring about slower progress and can end up being very frustrating.

Best option would be to pick a goal (less fat or bigger muscles) and focus on it through completetion. Then visit the other goal. My recommendation is always to lose the fat first because it's easier, faster, and will put you in a better position to realize muscle gains later on.

If you decide to go the route of losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time, the best way to do that is to eat maintenance calories and hope for a recomposition effect.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote