Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Very good discussion. I could have rated every post so far as "helpful."

I have a lot of equipment at my disposal, but I don't use much more than barbell and dumbell. Just today though, I used the leg press (after repping on squats), and leg curl machine. I could honestly do without either of those pieces of equipment.

What piece of equipment would I miss most? Squat rack, of course. Followed closely by the bench.

I like that gl started this thread. I like also the direction that Fazc started taking things. Going primitive for the sake of going primitive. Not that that was gl's intent, but an interesting tangent nonetheless.

What am I willing to give up? Cables. Selectorized isolation machines. Not that I use either of those very often. What am I willing to give up of what I currently use? Leg curl machine. But then again, that's one of the few luxuries I currently allow myself.

Bare bones for my home gym?

It would have to include barbell (and a reasonable amount of plates), power/squat rack, powerblocks or some other adjustable dumbell, horizontal chinning bar.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)

Last edited by big valsalva; 06-13-2012 at 12:41 AM.
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote