Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
Awesome work man, that's a lot of volume over the course of a few days!
Welcome back Pete the beast! It looks like a lot of volume but it's not really, it's just the way I write it out At lot of that is warm up weight type sets with only a few hard singles thrown in. As I said sessions are now sub 40 minutes and I really like that. I find that my performance tails off by the 45 minute mark so I get good work done, head off and go back and do it many times a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Good man. I love the minimal volume, high frequency squatting. It should be a great learning experience.
Actually, reading your thoughts on the matter previous got me thinking. You always say that you believe that squatting 5-6 days a week at 85% for singles was more than doable. I felt like crap heading in yesterday but by my heavy sets, I felt good. The 120kg squat felt comfortable as it should.

I'm also upping bench frequency and doing the same thing. My first ever 100kg paused bench felt great! I find that pausing (and close grip bench) really makes it easy to tuck in those elbows. I'm now of the opinion that paused bench can really help technique and this is probably something known to experienced lifters for many decades Only now am I catching up!

Getting it done one session at a time.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote