The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

I'm pretty bare bones as it is. I user barbells and DBs, only machine I use is a lat pulldown, which could be replaced by pullups. Those would take some time to get good at, but they are the end goal. Also a leg press now that I think of it, but I've been running without that for over a year until recently. Honestly, I like being able to push my legs with it after finishing my squats.

I squat in a rack so I don't get squished when I fail. I would be more than happy to squat from stands with saw horses set at a height that works for safety.

I don't really see a reason to give up benching, but I also get in plenty of overhead pressing. With a custom made set of parallel bars for dips I could still hit my chest pretty well, but its hard to come by a set wide/tall enough to accommodate me. No one likes that sort of strain on the joints or banging their knees on the floor trying to get to depth.

It would be interesting to me to do nothing but deadlifts, drags, presses, and carries, with no barbells. Some of the strongest, most beastly people I know never touched an official weight in their life, but have done heavy labor on the farm since they were children. Then I look back at the Lock-up bench room in Taylorville and think that I can progress more quickly using the tools available.

I'll never go all machines, but I'm not likely to give up my barbells and safety apparatus. I like my yoke and tire. So what's stopping me from going all barbells and dumbbells? Nothing, I've already done it.