Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
It's not an argument. It's a friendly discussion of the tools we use and why.

That's part of the point. Could you not find a way to work given a limited amount of tools?

No, thats not what the discussion is about. Exotic supps could still be employed with a minimalist approach. This is strictly about a period of time of going back to a very basic format as a learning tool, or exerience.
I think what Ltl is getting at, and what I'm thinking when I read is... why? The tools are there, why would we train like they aren't? For me this would be nostalgia just for the sake of it.

I have trained for 1 year while at Uni with nothing more than a barbell and weights. And I can tell you it sucked.

Just training isn't enough, just going to the gym isn't enough. What I would ask is can you give up the idea that discomfort in the gym is a bad thing? Can you give up the idea that sitting on your ass for recovery is the only way to get better? Can you give up the idea that recovery workouts are not just the realm of steroids abusing lifters? Can you give up the idea that if you don't dirty bulk, you're losing out on gains?

These are, I feel, questions which need to be asked. Are you really willing to do what it takes, or would you rather lay the blame on genetics and *life*? People inevitably talk a great game especially on the internet. Actually doing it is a different kettle of fish.

Last edited by Fazc; 06-11-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote