BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member
Default 6/9/2012 Cycle 2 Week 1

Barbell Bench Press
5x125,155
3x185
5x200,230
260x8 (Goal 5)
A few sets of bw rack pull ups and chins between bench sets

DB Bench press
70x12,8 60x11

Kroc Rows
65x8,8 80x22

Cable Pushdown (straight bar)
110x20x4

BB Curls
65x10,10,9

20 minutes cardio.

Overall Workout Grade: A

Felt like a smash session.
Barbell Bench felt light. Felt like I could toss the weight up. In my mind I said I'm going for 8 on my last set and nailed it.

Hit a few bw rack pulls between a few of my bench sets. I'm really digging this whole idea right now. I have crap vertical pulling strength (relatively speaking) and this is a great way to get extra vertical pull work.

Shoulders still a little tender, so I didn't do dips. However I am a closet (wannabe) bodybuilder, so I threw in some DB Flat bench.
DB bench felt good. Nice full rom.

Kroc Rows were brutal. I kept the weight the same as last week, but wanted to add 5 more reps. I was only able to add 2 more. Funny thing is, the weak point wasn't my grip, it was actually my upper back strength.

I have been doing strapless high rep shrug work and high rep lat pds and kroc rows, with the intention of improving my grip. I can confidently tell you that it is working and working well.

Arm work felt good. Nice pump.

Great session. I had a huge plate of mexican food about 2 hours before my session and I think that is a preworkout secret to a good training session.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote