Old 06-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #41
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 8
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite member
Default 6/8/2012 Dog House Training

Starr 5 x 5 Medium

Warmups
5 minutes Recumbant Bike
Bodyweight squats
Static stretches
Tube shoulder routine
Empty bar squats with hold at the bottom

Working Sets

Squats
5 x 95
5 x 120
5 x 140
5 x 165
3 x 191
8 x 145

Bench Press
5 x 65
5 x 85
5 x 100
5 x 120
3 x 137.5
10 x 105

Pendlay Rows
5 x 65
5 x 85
5 x 100
5 x 120
3 x 137.5
10 x 105

Weighted Walker Dips
3 x 10 x BW +10

Tricep Bar Spider Curls
10 x 60
10 x 60
8 x 60

Skull Crushers
3 x 10 x 50

NOTES
Sorry for the delay in posting. I am trying to figure out how best to use my favorite spreadsheet, picasa and the log with my ipad. The ipad is not cooperating.

Squats - first three sets I held at the bottom before powering up. I am trying not to rush these, as I want my back to hold up as long as possible.
Bench Press - Slight discomfort. Had read that some folks have found that pausing at the bottom helps. I tried it on the first couple sets, did not notice anything that helpful.
Rows - Since it had been ages since I have done these, I started my weights a little light. I am focusing on the muscle contraction more than weight on this lift.
Walker Dips - Straight up and elbows out to try and hit the triceps. Today was a better effort on the triceps.
Spiders - Lesson for future note, use no more than 10lb plates. Used the 25's and they were rubbing my arms raw and lessoned the ROM.
Skulls - Were easier today than I expected.

I leave on Friday, the 15th, on my whirl wind tour of the Southeast. I should get three more sessions in before leaving and then probably will not touch a bar for almost 2 weeks. I should be plenty rested when I return.

Karbolyn Update
I am still using the product and love it. I find myself recommending it to everyone. I am carb cycling, with Karbolyn being my primary source of carbs on my training days, great source of consistent energy. I am finding, I have energy throughout and after each session.

Getting focused to get better.

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

My training Log
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links