Old 06-08-2012, 04:36 PM   #10
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member
Default Raw Box Squatting Advice Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Ross View Post
From what I understand they're more for geared squatters, but having a box underneath you keeps you honest. Just don't sit all the way down, barely touch the box, that's my experience anyway.
Box Squats are better for the raw lifter than the geared lifter if used right. If you disect them they are the barbell equivelent of a leg curl in terms of hamstring involvment. The key is to use this as an assistance tool along with regular squats and not in lue of.

Its a great way to squat twice a week without wrecking your knees.

My squat went from 495 @265 to 525 @242 in a matter of months from adding in box squats,(back when I was doing them.) Key word is in addition to, I can't stress that enought. Vary the bars, the heights and bands/chains from week to week, focus on repsxsets 9-15 to 1-3. Pause with lighter weights, explode off the box with heavier ones. Always use 70% or less.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote