Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emekajokammor View Post
What about dips for triceps? Do you guys think that strong triceps can contribute to a strong bench? It is the second active muscle of the movement.
I think this rolls back to what Ryano was saying about finding your weaknesses. A lot of Benching done first will highlight a weakness, then you act on that weakness with specific assistance work.

For example, as a bodybuilder you might do Squats but from doing all of the Squatting you might realise that actually your quads aren't getting as much stimulation as you require. So you might add in some specific work for your quads on leg day, perhaps you'll add in some Leg Press or perhaps you might switch to a Front Squat for a little while.

Another example, if training for strength you Bench but perhaps your elbows flare too soon. This *might* indicate an overly dominant chest, so you add in additional tricep work perhaps some board work or lockouts and see how that goes.

Some guys, like myself get a lot of tricep work from just Benching. Probably because I'm very tricep dominant anyway. For me what works is some really high volume chest work. So to cut a long story short, I think it depends on your bodytype/form and how you respond to the exercise.

Just my theory!
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote