Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Starr 5 x 5 Light Day

Deadlift Day!

Pre-stuff
Karbolyn and Whey Iso 1 hour prior
Karbolyn and BCAA during
Karbolyn, Whey Iso, Casein (had to finish the jugs) post

Warmup
5 minutes on Bike
Tubes
Empty bar lifts

Working Sets

NOTES
Congrats to BAMA Women's Softball for bringing home the 4th National Championship of the year for UA.

Light day today, Focus on Deads. Realized today that next week I will have all week to train and then I will have two full weeks of ????????. I leave next Friday afternoon for AL to attend my wife's 30th, following Sunday to Knoxville and Louisville. Meeting all week in Louisville, with my Seminar on Wednesday at 8 AM. Back to Knoxville on Friday, home on Saturday, MOnday leave for DC back Wednesday night or Thursday. I will do one of two things when returning, either reset and start this 5 x 5 over or start fresh with the 5/3/1 fullbody. At any rate, should give my arm some time to heal up.

Squats - Could not bring myself to ramp up to 135. Seemed like a total waste of good iron.
Seated OHP - The possible tendinitis has reared it's ugly head. These were painful to do. Will need to think this one through. Anyone familiar with pain where the delts connect to the arm, about mid arm? All the medical folks in the family lean toward tendinitis due to the lack of pain doing anything but lifting movements like Bench or Overheads.
Deadlifts - Worked a good sweat, but these came easy.
Chins - Was hurrying the last set, because I forgot about an appt and was late. Also rushed the rest. Only 4 on last set was not good.

Let's see what Friday brings.

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote