View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #12
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryano View Post
I certainly don't mean to be a killjoy, but I never do overhead presses. It just puts to much strain on my shoulders. That being said, do whatever works.

Make's me think, is the shoulder press loss a cause or an effect of the stagnated benchpress? I guess only way to find out is to start the OH again and see if the bench goes up with the OH.
Not being a killjoy. Think it comes down to the fact that I have different weaknesses than you. My triceps and are back strong, but I am chest and shoulder weak.

In the past my bench always went up as long as my OHPs were going up. I gave up OHPs last Fall in an attempt to streamline, as I was beginning to think they may not be needed.

Again, this post really wasn't about OHPs, but about analyzing my log for changes being made. I missed the important point that my bench started dive right at the point in which I gave up all OHPs. This may not be the cause, but logically it makes sense to add in some shoulder strengthening work to test this.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 06-05-2012 at 05:52 PM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote