Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Ross View Post
Providing that you avoid the injury bug, wouldn't the routine itself condition you?
Generally in my experience, if you were to maintain the intensity but increase the frequency as Broz is suggesting then no it wouldn't. Even the Bulgarians whom Broz trained under didn't approach training like that, it was titrated in an upwards trend.

If you were to start light then sure that's a different matter. In Gasp's example once again if he were to attempt 350 for each of his 3 x weekly bench sessions then I could see it working. Taking a couple months to go from 350 to 425 (daily max) as a working weight, with frequent deloads done in between would work. Then over time up that some more.

EDIT - Just to clarify i'm all for frequenct benching, hell I'm benching heavy 4 times a week at the moment. I guess all I'm trying to say is that it takes some time and knowledge of how you respond to stuff to make it work. Otherwise you might regress/get injured and be another in the long line of people who proudly proclaim "didnt work for me! only works for easygainers!".

Last edited by Fazc; 06-05-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote