View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #16
Fazc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Ross View Post
Pre-hab work is a must if you're going all out frequently.
Although Trevor, I would agree with Gasp on this and just point out that it's a "daily max" rather than a true maximum. A daily max is anywhere from 85=90% of a true maximum. For Gasp that would be 425 to 450, now I'm sure Gasp could manage that twice a week for at least a couple of weeks. Once that's established we build up from there.

You know my training style, I bench at least 3 times a week now and usually now 4 BUT it's ESSENTIAL that you know how to manage this intensity to make it work.

I think it's a great idea and Broz has done great things for opening up the minds of lifters but I think it's also just as wise not to jump off the other end of the pier either and just go all out. Not go from infrequent training to all out max frequency. Some precaution, build-up and gradual conditioning to this more frequent approach is necessary to allow you to take advantage of it.

This type of approach is what I'm talking about when I talk about lifters putting in the work and patience in conditioning to allow themselves to do productive routines.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote