View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

They say there is no right or wrong time to exercise but I've also come across information that suggests lifting really heavy first thing, within a couple of hours of getting out of bed, may not be great for the spine, due to the spinal discs taking on fluid overnight and re-expanding...I can't recall the exact "complication" this can cause but it makes for a less stable disc set-up early on in the day where heavy weights are concerned. Having said that though, many people work and did work heavy manual labour jobs and need to lift early on, so it's also best to take the info with a pinch of salt.

I've worked out at: 7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm and the latest at 11pm

Generally, I find that as long as I've had the right amount to eat and drink, the workout is always okay.