Old 06-05-2012, 02:25 AM   #888
mab54
Max Brawn
Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Scivation whey
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMoriRB View Post
lol you crushed your goals today good job.
Thanks Rob, but they will get much harder once we go through a few cycles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Strong repwork on the log, thats a real ballbuster! :-)
Thanks you swede! The cleaning is really easy, but the press is when you can really tell the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
So you're going to build to the heavy singles, and then do a max rep set with the back off weight? If so I like that approach.
Kind of, I will be doing that with bench without a doubt. I'm not sure about Squats and DL. Looking through my logs I always do my best when I am working with high reps on Deadlift. My biggest gain in DL was when I used no extra work and just worked up to a set of 10.

So I have no idea what I'm going to do after the meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Lifting strong as ever Mike!! Do you go to a strongman gym that has a log to c&p?
Thanks, no I recieved a log for my 16th birthday. Most kids ask for a car or something like that, I ask for a log!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Nice job with the log. My nephew has a log, I've gotta give it a try one of these days.
Thanks OR, it's really fun and a nice break from a regualer bar. The first time you clean it you might hate it, but after a while it becomes second nature.

6/4/12

Deadlift
565x1 So close to a second rep but just couldn't
565x1
565x0 not even off the ground
525x1 just playing with form but still a very hard rep

Crunch
25x20
25x20

Squats
375x5
375x2 failed 3rd rep called it a night

Walk
2 mile

Notes: Was very angry today with deads, I know I sound whiny , second week with no improvement. So that means one thing, raise weight 10 pounds because missing it a 3rd week will just drive me crazy!

Squats I have no idea what happened, the first set was okay but first time I have ever had a problem with keeping the bar in place kept trying to rule down my back. Tried bringing my grip in but couldn't really tell a difference.

I have changed deadlift form this week, I no longer do the snap thing like in my video but tried my hardest to imitate Magnusson. Still not 100% but looks a lot better.
mab54 is offline   Reply With Quote