Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehubbard View Post
Fat is your friend. Sugar is your enemy.

I did a meal plan with Brandon Lilly and upped my fat intake to 55 pct of my total caloric intake. I ate 1-2 whole avocados a day plus a ton of olive and coconut oil. My weight held steady and I leaned up quite a bit. If I wanted to loose weight I would have just lowered calories and reduced carbs slightly. The other myth you may want to get rid of is that dietary intake of cholesterol has anything to do with your total cholesterol. The below has some great info on cholesterol and fat:

The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D. | Peter Attia, M.D., explains why everything you think you know about nutrition is wrong.
Great point. People, also notice what kind of fats he is talking about. He isn't saying sit down and have a meal of the fat everyone trims off there meat. It isn't a licenses to not pay attention. You still need to know how much and what kind of fat your taking in.

The body needs some Sat. fat (hard fat at room temp) to digest food. It don't need a pile of lard on your plate. The liquid fats at room temp will do your body good. Be smart about it.

Last edited by Rich Knapp; 06-04-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote