statirasman
New Brawn
Points: 1,601, Level: 23 Points: 1,601, Level: 23 Points: 1,601, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1 Year off and on
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Heavy weights.
statirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good posts

In response to your response,

Quote:
A great sign you were doing the right things. I had the same questions asked at about the 275 bench and 315 squat level.
I think my biggest difficulty with these two lifts was my form, as I said I looked at and studied videos online but without others watching to make on the spot corrections while I was training my form still needed ALOT of work. Please feel free to ask any questions you have.

Quote:
Would like to learn more about your story, and particularly your eating at the time of your gains.
Good ol' Army DFAC chow. As I said I was deployed, The gym was right next door to the DFAC so I would train and then immediately go to chow. Drank alot of chocolate milk with every meal, boiled eggs about 6 with breakfast, tried to stick with anything with alot of protein and carbs.

Always had a pre workout NO drink, creatine, glutamine, multi vitamin, vitamin D and Calcium, and a protein shake of about 50 grams pre workout and before bed (wish I could have been sponsored to pay for all that protein). It was fairly easy to stay dedicated to my diet when others were cooking for me and we had set times to eat. I went from an unhealthy 200 lbs up to 258 and then as I started burning the fat away I steadied out at about 233 for about a month leading up to the competition. Once I got back I dropped to about 210 and have slowly been putting it back on. Diet is really hard to dedicate to with the family and other time consumers plus all the cooking. I wish I could afford to hire a cook.

My deadlift is coming along good now that I'm training again (455 x 5 followed by a 475 single after about 5 min rest) Squat and bench still need alot of work. Doing alot of Hams, lower back, and tri's. Reverse hyper and dips, dips, and more dips. I look forward to getting my lifts up to the point that I will feel comfortable competing.