statirasman
New Brawn
Points: 1,601, Level: 23 Points: 1,601, Level: 23 Points: 1,601, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1 Year off and on
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Heavy weights.
statirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good posts
Default Intro

Hello I'm Brent, aka statirasman,

I am 35 yrs old, 6ft 4 in and have only been training for about a year. I recently ETSd from the US Army after 7 1/2 years and 3 combat deployments. During my last deployment I saw an advertisement for a powerlifting competition to take place right before my return home so I saw it as an opportunity to get in shape for my reunion with the wife. It was scheduled about 6 months away so I figured it would be plenty of time to get strong. Once I began training I was hooked. Like Steve's beginnings I would struggle with reletively light weight. Being about 200lbs of body weight and being in the army doing PT every day i was humbled when 135 on the bench nearly crushed me. I couldn't come close to squatting my body weight, and I hurt my lower back the first time I tried to deadlift more then the bar. I went online and started watching every instructional video I could find on form and got ahold of the Wendler 5-3-1 program and began to see my lifts getting stronger and stronger. My body began changing and people were asking me what steroids I was on and where they could get some too. When August and the Competition rolled around I squatted 315 easy, benched 275, and deadlifted 500lbs which was 60 lbs more then I could ever do in the gym. I was hooked.

I returned home and life took me away from the gym but now I'm back trying to get my lifts up to where they were and beyond with the support of my wife and 3 boys. I joined Scott Warman's gym here in El Paso, TX and think I'm heading in the right direction.

I look forward to talking to and reading all the advise and everything that you all have to say about lifting.