View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #2
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

From the list you provided, I'd have to go with the seated overhead press.

However, I think your list is VERY limiting. There are many lifts that would have a more powerful effect on your upper body if done as a stand-alone exercise. My top three stand-alone exercises for upper body groth would be:

#1. Deadlifts
These hit so many muscles all at once and will cause a growth effect throughout the entire body. Not to mention that they can make your back absolutely THICK. You want that strong masculine look, think back muscles first...Think Olympic lifters.

#2. Weighted Bar Dips
Bar Dips also work a ton of upper body muscles including chest. shoulders, arms, and upper back. It's like the squat for the upper body and will get you thick.

#3 Weighted Chin-ups
This is the true upper body squat. It works the biggest muscles in the upper body through a full range of movement. Once again, if you are looking for that thick powerful look then you need to think of the back first. The back will add to your width and thicknes, not just fluffy mirror muscles.

Those three lifts are very results producing and combining the three of them would give you an absolutely thick, strong, and impressive upper body. Of course you could do more than just those three lifts for a well-rounded routine, but those three would give great results and be pretty well rounded. You'd be lacking for nothing.

Last edited by Off Road; 05-31-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote