View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 08:05 AM   #153
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Right now Rob you are doing what we call half squats. You get about halfway down and fold over. This is going to take it's toll on your knees and back. I don't know that hips or sumo are the solution. I think you have some major form issues that we need to fix first.

A parallel squat requires your hip crease to match, or sink past the top of your knee. The attached picture shows your squats at their deepest.

I agree with Pull. Take some weight off and try to get depth. I don't think you should be doing this with 315 though. You don't want to play around with depth and heavy weight, you're going to get injured...especially with your current form. I would use 135 pounds.

Also, some homework. Check out the squat videos on MAB before you head the to gym and work on things.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/vid...technique.html

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/vid...ew-videos.html

Also, next time you squat get a front or back view so we can check out your knees, feet, etc.
Attached Images

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote