Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTurner View Post
Been reviewing a lot of my bench videos and thinking about how I bench and think I solved a problem today. When I "bend the bar" I've always tried to force it from the elbows and I can see on a lot of my benches my elbows are over tucked and the first movement out of the hole is my elbows coming back underneath the bar and the bar floating backwards. Today I focused on bending the bar with my hands and letting the elbows tuck more naturally. Might sound over-analysed or petty but I feel it made a big difference today.
Good observation J, I agree with that. Elbows can easily be over-tucked for a raw bench especially with those with long(er) limbs.

It's just a matter of making sure you keep your line as you Bench, elbows a little less tucked means the bar touches the chest higher up and too far up can cause issues.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote