View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 11:12 PM   #17
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Behind the neck presses can be dangerous if taken too deep. This is relative of course. On any press, the more the elbows are pushed back, the more the stress is place upon the shoulder. For BTNs the elbows can be forced not only deeper vertically, but also further back horizontally as a lifter gains bulk.

This happened to me. The bigger I got the more I had to force my elbows back. This started creating issues.

In general I am of the opinion that on BTNs as long as you don't take the arm past parallel to the ground you're pretty darn safe. Again, mileage varies. I was more flexible in my youth and could take it deeper.

Like any other exercise, common sense should be utilized.
i dont do anything behind the neck. My shoulders dont even like when i hold the bar to squat anymore. they get mad.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote