View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #15
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster2981 View Post
Should the above comment be allowed in the public forum? What has she done to annoy you? Nobody wants to know what she does to you. If you cannot be constructive, don't be destructive. Learn to keep quiet.
I think you owe him an apology. The text with your post lead us to believe you were admiring the woman.

In addition, posting a video without any questions or comments that hint as it's point leaves your reason a mystery.

Furthermore, this is an open forum and people can post whatever they'd like as long as it's not inappropriate. If they misinterpreted your point, clarify your point. Don't attack them.

Quote:

But getting involved in pointless discussions is not me.
We do in the Shout Box each day.

People merely were trying to have fun because they had no idea what your post was about.

Quote:
The point is to show that Sumo DLs are possible without barbells.
You should have shared that in your initial post. You didn't, and that's why people freely commented. You can't get mad at people for responding randomly when the initial post was just a video with no questions or comments about why you posted it.

Quote:
Correct, the wordings were ambiguous, but I did clarify the purpose in my latter post. So, criticizing the video again for the 'unproductive' weights was not required.
They were making an assessment because you still were extremely unclear as to why you posted the video. Saying it was for "knowledge purposes" is still open-ended, and people responded as intelligently as they could.

The weight is light, and I had no idea why this woman would lift as such. Was this the knowledge you were trying to pass along? I don't know. I just posted about what I saw.

People have a right to comment freely. The weight was non-taxing. I commented with the same response. We were trying to make an intelligent analysis of the video. I assumed you were interested in doing the same with multiple dumbbells.

I also owe lurkers to this forum an intelligent response. If I see an unproductive exercise/approach, I am going to mention it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 05-28-2012 at 08:57 AM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote