View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 10:19 PM   #7
CallmeKing
Max Brawn
Points: 3,800, Level: 38 Points: 3,800, Level: 38 Points: 3,800, Level: 38
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

CallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
Their are a couple of ways to go about deloading. The majority of people will cut back on the weight used and not train to failure. This gives your joints,tendons,cns,etc time to recover and have a break. You are still in the gym using enough weight to where muscle loss is not an issue. Here is what I like doing for my power/strength workouts
week 1: 90% of rep range max(Normally 5 rep max)
week 2: set a new PR
week 3: deload (75-80% focus on form and speed)
rinse and repeat

Sometimes I will extend it to 4 weeks if i'm feel I can still do better. As far as volume or a typical bodybuilding workout, I suggest cutting your volume in half and not training to failure(Maybe stop 1-2 reps shy of failure). I will normally do this every 6-8 weeks.
Gotcha thanks man. Would you deload on all your lifts?
CallmeKing is offline   Reply With Quote