Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

I've been doing IF for a couple of months now and I also throw in a 22-24 hour fast. My week works something like this: 5 x 14-16 hour fasts, 1 x 22 hour fast, and 1 day which is about 12-13 hours.
I've been hitting PR's regularly and lost a few pounds but that could be just down to eating better and training hard and with determination. The experiment is ongoing. It suits me because I have a medical condition which causes me to produce insane amounts of phlegm. The morning is terrible for me and it's always hard to eat breakfast anyway. I decided to give this a shot and it's worked fairly well so far. I hit my existing squat PR after a 15 hour fast so it's not all bad!

I think it's crucial for me to point out that I still get an average of 2500-2700 calories a day and 250g+ of protein. Although I shouldn't have needed IF to help me clean up my act, it's turned out that way.

However, even if this turns out to work well for me over a long period of time, I will NOT get up on a soapbox and proclaim IF as king! We all know that frequent feeding has worked for decades and will continue to work. It will prove that it's a good choice for me however!

Long story short, you gotta do what's best for YOU, which is what MAB is all about. I am not all that strong and am carrying a bit of chub which means IF has a decent chance of working for a while. I believe Fazc, who is light years ahead of me in strength terms, is experimenting too. It will be interesting to see if fasting works for stronger guys trying to cut a few pounds.

Getting it done one session at a time.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote